Thursday, 31 July 2014

JULY FAVOURITES

I don't know about you but I love 'favourites' blog posts and YouTube videos. If you don't know what I'm talking about then it's basically a run down of a few things that a blogger, or vlogger, has been loving over the past month. It's great if you are nosy like me or need to know something is reccomended by someone you trust before you head out and by it. It's a pretty big deal in the world of beauty blogging but it doesn't all have to be about skincare and make-up, it's up to you! Never one wanting to miss out I thought I would join in and  try and feature a favourites post on this blog every month. After all there is only so much rambling on about why I am so obsessed with a certain nail polish that my mum can take. Let's get started...




If like me you suffer from permanent ghost face then this right here is your new BFF. I like to have a bit more colour to my face during Summer, well I would like to all year round really, but there's something about regular fake tan that doesn't sit well on my face. It either breaks me out or makes my skin feel tight and dry. This facial tanning mist by Garnier however gives a golden glow without any real issues. I wasn't sure it was going to be up to that much when I picked it up but I just spray it all over my face before bed every couple of days and I wake up practically a new woman. I am a golden goddess. Kind of. It lessens my desire to pile of heavy foundation before I leave the house and it doesn't even ruin my white pillow. I do wish it lasted a bit longer but hey, can't have it all. 



#2 Topshop lipstick in Pillow Talk - £8 (unavailable online)
I'm putting it out there, I think Topshop lipsticks could be my favourites. After scraping every last bit from my, now discontinued, Secret Admirer lipstick I was after a new pale pink, and so Pillow Talk came in to my life. It's ideal for Summer when you want something light in colour and light in texture. Topshop lipsticks are both pigmented and moisturising, a tricky combo to find. Win, win.


If there was one thing that was 100% making it in to my favourites this month it was Beach Bag by Model's Own. It's one of five shades from the Polish for Tans collection that all promise to enhance a tan and I really think it does. Apparently it's something about being a white based neon? I don't know, but I like it. After being hyped up by beauty bloggers it was pretty tricky to get my hands on though. I finally managed to pick it up on ASOS one day after it being out of stock for what felt like eternity but was most likely only a couple of days. Oh the drama. 


Long story short I had a MAC voucher for Christmas and after plenty of dithering I bought this blusher, or blush if you're American. Great story. Anyway, it's just a good every day pink, not too light, not too bright. It's meant to last longer than MAC's regular blushes and whilst I can't vouch for that, (for me blushers never really last all day), I am really enjoying it. I also love the name, it kind of makes me laugh. 'Stay Pretty', OK I will. 


I swear, beauty products aren't the be all and end all of my life so look, here's a book! I'm trying to make myself read a little more. I'm a pretty slow reader usually but I'm to trying to get through a book every month. After reading John Green's Looking for Alaska last year and The Fault in Our Stars last month, Paper Towns was next on my list. I really don't know how to word this without giving anything away but it's narrated by a boy trying to track down a missing girl. I haven't quite finished it yet, only fifty pages left so know spoilers please, but I'm desperate to find out what has actually happened to Margo Roth Spiegelman. It really does grip you all the way through. 

And that's your lot. Have you got your hands on any of these? What have been your July favourites?

Remember to follow this blog on Bloglovin' and you'll never miss a favourites post!

8 comments:

  1. Love the look of the models own varnish and the topshop lipstick! Both gorgeous shades!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the Garnier tanning spray!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Models Own Beach Bag is an amazing colour, great with a tan! May be buying the MAC blush too.

    Hannah xx

    www.pull-yourself-together.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Garnier Face Mist too.

    On days when I dont wear foundaiton I just spray a light mist over my face and pop some powder on top to matify.

    Perfect!

    Fleur x

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love John Green! Looking for Alaska has to be my favorite novel of his. I finished Paper Towns last week! Hope you enjoyed it! -- Lindsey xx

    http://touchedbythesunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete