The period between Christmas and new year is good for two things:
1. not needing an excuse to lie around in your PJ's all day eating leftovers and 2. hunting around to discover the best bargains that the high street (and internet) has to offer.
The sales are full of beauty treats this year, and yes it is a little annoying that we paid full price for them just a couple of days earlier, but still it's nice to feel like you're getting a bargain. Here' my pick of the best beauty treats on offer, all found in the comfort of my own home without having to fight off any fellow sale shoppers. But you'll have to be quick, I doubt they will be around for long!
A lovely set from the Naked range at Urban Decay. The flushed compact contains a full size bronzer, highlighter and blusher that can be used seperately or all together for a radiant glow.
2. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - SALE PRICE £17.50 (usually £22.00) - LookFantastic.com
I've never tried the Nars concealers but I've heard some great things. I feel as though Nars products aren't often discounted so when you find a gem like this it is just a little tempting.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow - SALE PRICE £44.10 (usually £49.00) - Selfridges
OK so this isn't exactly bargain of the century but Charlotte Tilbury makeup is so pricey anyway that any discount is appreciated. I know a lot of people will have been lusting over the filmstar bronze & glow for the perfect contour and highlight - 10% off may be just what they're after!
4. Lipstick in Hazard - SALE PRICE £4.00 (usually £8.00) - Topshop
Nail Varnish in Cryogenic - SALE PRICE £2.00 (usually £5.00) - Topshop
I love the Topshop beauty sale because you get great products at usually at least half the price. I'm sure there would be even more available in store. Currently still available online are their pyramid stocking fillers with a silver nail varnish and a red/orange lipstick.
5. Laura Mercier Pout Perfection Lip Trio - SALE PRICE - £21.70 (usually £31.00) - House of Fraser
These Laura Mercier sets contain a lipstick, pencil and gloss matched to create the perfect pout. There's three different shade options available - pink, red and brown - an ideal gift for a January birthday.
6. Kevyn Aucoin The Essential Eyeshadow Set - SALE PRICE - £25.80 (usually £43.00) - Cult Beauty
Cult Beauty have massively discounted some of the usually very pricey Kevyn Aucoin products. The Essential Eyeshadow Set is available in three colour ways and includes five complimentary matte and metallic shades for the ultimate in eye contouring. Yes, eye contouring is a thing now.
7. NYX Mega Shine Kiss The Stars Lip Gloss Set - SALE PRICE £7.50 (usually £10.00) - Love-Makeup
Gift sets like this are great because they don't look especially Christmassy (is that a word?) so they make perfect little gifts all year round. A lot of US beauty bloggers rave about NYX but it's not so easy to get your hands on in the UK so this is a great way to try it out.
Have you been sale shopping yet? Have you picked up any beauty bargains or got your eye on any? Let me know in the comments below!