Sunday, 18 January 2015

CLINIQUE TAKE THE DAY OFF CLEANSING BALM

Up until a couple of years ago when I started reading beauty blogs and watching makeup gurus on  YouTube my 'skincare routine' wasn't much more than a wipe over with a Boots cucumber cleansing wipe and a slathering of Simple moisturiser. Now my eyes have been opened to a whole new world of cleansing balms, micellar waters, toners, serums and eye creams - it's never ending!  Every couple of weeks the beauty industry claims there is a new miracle never-heard-of lotion or potion that we would be mad to ignore. Or the one thing we have been using religiously is actually the cause of all sorts of problems and we are idiots for presuming otherwise. Anyway, this is getting off topic...

Deciding it was time to start getting serious about skincare, and after hearing countless 'bbloggers' rave about it, I ventured outside of my comfort zone and thought I would give the Clinique 'take the day off' cleansing balm a try. 

If you haven't used a cleansing balm before, which I hadn't, the texture is a little strange at first and takes a little getting used to. The balm transforms from a solid in to an oil as you massage it in to your skin. It can feel a bit odd putting the balm straight on to a full face of make-up and can seem a little greasy - which isn't exactly a welcomed texture on my already oily skin. 

Fear not though - after getting used to the texture, massaging the balm in to my skin and washing away the residue with water  my skin feels soft and clean and, thankfully, not oily. My makeup has simply dissolved away and I am fresh-faced once again. Personally, I like to go back in and double cleanse with Garnier Micellar Water on a large cotton pad just to remove any stubborn makeup or waterproof mascara that got left behind a for a really thorough cleanse. 

Now I'm not promsing that I will do this every night. Sometimes a late or busy night just calls out for a simpler method (yes cleansing wipes -  sorry beauty gurus!). But for when you have time to do a full evening skincare routine I would definitely recommend a cleansing balm and weening yourself away from a quick wipe over. As a newbie I couldn't say whether or not this is the best one aound but it seems pretty good to me. I think the £22 price point isn't too steep for a good cleanser when you consider how much you could be paying, (ahem, Emma Hardie cleansing balm), but apparently The Body Shop's camomile cleansing balm also does the trick so I may have to try that next time.


Have you tried the Clinique cleansing balm? What's your favourite cleanser to use? Do you have your skincare routine nailed down? Let me know in the comments. 


3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! Clinique seems to be such an amazing brand I need to try some things out!
    ----
    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, i really want to try it now! x


    CLAIRELOUISE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog recently and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Interesting posts and beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete