Sunday, 16 August 2015

Wilderness Festival 2015


Muddy wellies, questionable liquids thrown in the air and landing in your hair and a distinct lack of toilet paper...festivals aren't completely my bag, unless of course it's done in style.

Last weekend myself and my work bestie headed off to Wilderness festival for a relaxed weekend of eating, drinking and lazing around - exactly the sort of break we needed after a painfully delayed train from Paddington.

I hadn't heard much about the festival before, or of many people on the line-up, but I was still keen to see what it was all about and I wasn't disappointed. Named one of 'Britain's poshest festivals' it's a little different to the lad-filled, student friendly festivals I'd previously experienced. Well I mean, it comes complete with champagne orangery, spa and a sit-down banquet. Fancy.









The festival is set in the rolling fields of Oxfordshire and seems to attract what my mother would refer to as 'those hippy types' - which is fine by me. Wilderness is about more than just the music with a strong focus on health and wellbeing (minus the burger offerings). It's not unusual to walk past a group of people doing yoga as you're on your way the the main stage, or getting a massage as they sip on their Laurent-Perrier.

I know a few beauty bloggers were invited along by Neal's Yard - and we were given a nice little envelope of samples from them before heading down to the spa by the lakes. You could swim in the lakes as well - but that didn't sound so appealing to me once I was in the warmth of the tub.



Food-wise there was everything you could every really want, whether it's a sit down three course dinner, a burger from a Patty & Bun van or a plate of fully-loaded nachos. If you are as greedy as me - all three will do just fine.





I had a great weekend and I'd definitely recommend going next year if you get the chance! 


1 comment:

  1. this sounds like a cool festival, i'd love to go to some in the UK one day :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete